Travel grant opportunities for young investigators who have submitted an abstract for oral or poster presentation at the 13th World Congress for Hair Research to take place April 6-9, 2023, in Dallas, TX, USA, are being provided through the International Federation of Hair Research Society member societies and should be applied for when submitting an abstract.
The American Hair Research Society is providing travel Grant opportunities for those who do not have a regional society.
Each award will be $1,000 USD to help cover the applicant’s travel, hotel or other expenses, plus free congress registration. Registration does not include a Congress Dinner ticket, which will have to be purchased separately during the online registration process. [Note: Travel Grant awardees will be given a special code to use during the online registration process in order to redeem the complimentary registration fee.]
Grant recipients will be awarded a certificate during the WCHR 2024 and have a photograph taken. Once the session is announced, awardees are strongly requested to attend the ceremony to receive the certificate.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students, graduate (MS/PhD course) students, postdoctoral fellows, or residents.
- The applicant must be the presenter of the submitted abstract.
- The abstract must be submitted by the abstract deadline, via the online abstract system.
- Travel Grants will be conditional based upon acceptance of their abstract by the congress organizers.
- The number of issued travel grants is limited to one per academic, industrial, or clinical research group.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply when submitting their abstract in the Cadmium Scorecard system. The following items will be requested:
- A statement by the candidate explaining why they should receive a Travel Grant. (250 words maximum)
- Curriculum vitae uploaded in PDF format
- Name, title, institution, and email address of your senior research team member.
- A short statement by the senior member of the candidate’s role in the research.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is September 27, 2023.
Winners will be notified in December 2023.